For the first time ever in the history of cars and music, the Podcast app is natively integrated into the vehicle.
From now on, the car owners can get time-synced lyrics on the passenger-side display. Full integration means no more connecting iPhone over CarPlay. Instead, Taycan owners just need to link their Apple ID to their Taycan. It will also allow them to continue podcasts from where they left off on any other device. By asking Siri or via touchscreen, the drivers will be able to make calls, send and receive messages, listen to music, and 1.5 million podcasts, including top charts for shows and episodes in 100 languages.
New and already existing owners will get six months of Apple Music access for free. Also, no extra charge will be required from new customers for streaming music and podcast data for three years. The creators also aim to make Taycan the first car to use the Plug-&-Charge system.
As Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG, Detlev von Platen stated in his conversation with CleanTechnica: “The Taycan embodies the pioneering spirit of Porsche — as the first all-electric car from Zuffenhausen. It sets benchmarks within the context of digitalization and sustainability”. He continued: “… The new Apple Music and Apple Podcast offerings expand the emotional driving experience with the Taycan with a seamlessly integrated digital feature for music lovers. There is more to come.”
Porsche has also demonstrated its list of features and plans with Apple:
- Enjoy Effortless Podcast Listening: Listen to your favorite podcast in your Taycan and seamlessly pick up where you left off on your other devices when you link your Apple ID with your car.
- Stream 70 million Songs Ad-Free with Apple Music: Subscribers can enjoy a world of music, with a personalized Listen Now tab, thousands of exclusive, curated playlists, and daily selections from artists playing today’s hits, classics, and country on Apple Music Radio.
- Use the Porsche Voice Assistant: Request popular podcast episodes or shows from Apple Podcasts, or songs, playlists, and stations, including the all-new Apple Music 1, just by using your voice.
- Discover on Broadcast Radio, then Listen on Apple Music: Create your own custom station on Apple Music from any song you find while listening to broadcast radio in your car.
- Stream Exclusive Porsche Playlists: Listen to curated playlists such as “Soul, Electrified” from Porsche, only on Apple Music.
- Access Complimentary Music and Data: New and existing Porsche owners can get up to six months free of Apple Music, and new Taycan customers will receive three years of complimentary in-car streaming data.
Congratulations to those already owning the EV as you can access the Apple Podcasts and Apple Music features starting from January.
Considering the report from TechCrunch regarding Apple adding a routing feature to Maps specifically for EV owners, it is clear that Apple is trying to become more EV friendly. Hopefully, we’ll see more collaborations with Porsche and other famous car brands in the future.
To stay updated on the most credible music news and trustworthy information, add MusicPromoToday’s blog or Instagram to your daily reads. You’ll also get the most interesting info about recent trends, strategies, and everything you need to know about music marketing.